Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Elevation

This week has been a little hectic with trying to get ready to move to Boone. I didn't know I had so much junk to get together. But I'm looking forward to getting up to Boone and I am also excited about something else that is going on this weekend which I will be returning to Durham for. On Sunday the 24th, my church is starting a new contemporary worship service called Elevation. It won't be your usual church experience. Most people think of church as a boring ritual that you have to dress up for to make God and your parents happy. You have to wake up early, go to an out of date looking building and be all quiet and serious, and sing really boring songs which are hard to understand because they are straight from the 1700's. Elevation, will be quite the opposite. Casual dress (I'll be there in tennis shoes and with my shirt un-tucked. Scandalous for church I know. Just don't tell my mom.), LOUD music, and a pretty sweet building with chairs instead of pews. They are in the process of putting the very very final touches on the building which as undergone an Extreme Makeover Home Edition type renovations. There will also be coffee and some delicious snacks which I caught a peak at today. So maybe you've been to church before and didn't like it, never been to church, want to try something new, etc.. Come check it out at Grey Stone this Sunday, August 24th at 12:30 p.m. (yay for sleeping in). The service will be in the Family Life Center located behind the church and across the parking lot. For more information check out www.gsdurham.com or www.elevationdurham.com. Oh yeah you might need to know where Grey Stone is if you are interested: 2601 Hillsborough Rd., Durham, NC. (Right across the street from Loco Pops.) Come and experience Jesus and church in a new way.


.

No comments: