Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Better is One Day?

The other week at CCF, we were singing that song "Better is One Day." It goes on to say, "better is one day in Your courts than thousands else where." That phrase stuck out to me. Sometimes, I don't think about the words that I sing...I just sing. Bad habit. But I started thinking about those words.

One day, in the presence of God is better than a thousands days else where. I asked myself, "Is this true with anything else?" I came up with some good scenarios:

Is one day at Busch Gardens better than thousands at Kings Dominion?

Is one meal at Chick-Fil-A better than thousands at Burger King?

Is one day at the beach better than thousands in the mountains?

Is one day on vacation better than thousands spent at school?

Is one day with my dad better than thousands with my mom?

The answer: NO.

Although, that one day of what ever may be amazing, there are going to be more amazing times in those thousands of days.

In the presence of God. That is the only place where one day will be greater than thousands. That's how great God is and although the song is true, it does not come close to capturing all of His greatness.

No comments: